Shoes!
Bracelets! (And yes, she's learned how to "say cheese")
Necklaces!
What I love is that she doesn't just put them on to play. She puts them on to wear like part of her outfit. She goes about her day being the little diva with jewels.
Oh, and if she can't find a necklace, don't worry she just makes one. This is a slinky wrapped around her neck! Yes, I left it on long enough to get a picture and then quickly removed it. Safe, no. Cute, yes.
And hairbows. She can now say "bow" and tries to put them in herself.
Yesterday she said her first two word sentence. "Mommy's car". Very appropriate for a car dealer's daughter, don't ya think?
So fun, so full of life, and so ornery!!! She is into everything, but we won't talk about that right now. :) On to something more important.
Orphan Sunday is one month away. Have you heard of it? It's a day dedicated to raise awareness for the 147 million orphans worldwide. Please click here to read/learn more about it. Will you please say a prayer and spread the word on November 7th?
I'm going to step out of my comfort zone here and probably step on some toes. I want to challenge everyone who reads this to pray about adoption. Committ to praying for a week or a month, whatever. Ask God if He can use you in an orphan's life. James 1:27 and several other passages all throughout the old and new testament talk about caring for the fatherless. I don't think that just means adoption, and I don't think you have to adopt to be obedient to those passages! I'm just reflecting on my own life a little and thinking about Orphan Sunday and orphan awareness. I did not understand God's heart for the orphan or see it as something important in my own life until God revealed it. I wish I had learned sooner. I don't know who all reads this but I do know a lot of friends have already asked this question and God has been faithful. Some have adopted and some have not. You all were way ahead of me. :)
Not sure how to close, other than thanks for still reading. :) My desire is not to turn this blog into an adoption soapbox, but more a place where I share the change God has brought in my life because of adoption.
7 comments:
Janell, Yes the pictures on our blog were from the Portuguese Bridge! How cool that you were able to go there! We loved it.
Your little "diva" is adorable! And I appreciated your challenge to us all to think about our role in the lives of orphans. Thanks!
Erica
Jada seriously couldn't be any cuter!!! WE LOVE HER! We love that she holds her own with the boys and is just as ornery as Levi (makes this Mommy feel better that orneriness runs in the family!). I also love that she still shows her girly side - so fun! I hope we get her name for Christmas so I can buy her more jewelry!!! :)
Thanks for your challenge to pray about adoption! Hopefully through it more lives can be touched.
Off to Naperville today for fingerprints - woohoo!!!!!
Such cute pics! She is a perfect, God-ordained fit. I do appreciate your sensitivity on adoption. We've been praying for years and when others announce they are adopting, I'm a bit jealous to see that God is doing something BIG in their lives, and I feel like I'm a bit looked over. Because while we are doing what we believe God is asking of us, it doesn't look like anything BIG to me. And yet I know God has repeatedly told us to wait in Him. I don't know what His plans are, but I know that to step forward in anything without His anointing is foolish. We'll be praying - throughout the year - but especially on orphan Sunday.
Beautiful post, beautiful baby girl, and as always, I see your beautiful heart. Love you friend. Thanks for sharing...and miss you!
Erin
She is so fun! and I love how you shared what is on your heart. Thanks Janell!
All I can say is how much we love our little girl...cute, adorable, loud, roudy, onerery, girlie and all...she is perfect!! thanks for sharing your heart on adoption...wish i would have had that years ago!!
love you all! :)
I haven't looked at your blog for awhile...very busy here!! Jada is just adorable!! I just want to squeeze her!! Yes, those curls do hold on to everything!! :) You are a wonderful mother!!
Post a Comment