Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Be Aware



This month is almost over, but it is Breast Cancer Awareness month. This means so much more to me today than just a couple weeks ago. Yesterday my mom had a double masectomy. We are so thankful that she had a "contained cancer" and that the masectomy makes it 98% curable. I wasn't sure I wanted to blog about this, but after seeing this ribbon, I thought it was a good approach. My mom had a digital mamogram and the Dr. said they wouldn't have detected the cancer if it had been a regular one. I'm just urging all of you to be aware and pass on the news.

7 comments:

Nichole said...

Wow, Janell. Thank for sharing. I hope your mom is doing well and heals quickly.

Erin said...

I just walked our old route this morning right before it started pouring rain...I was thinking about you! Praying for your mom's recovery.

Kristy said...

Hey, Janell! Just 'blog surfing!' Thankful to hear your mom's results are so encouraging! I just hate hearing the 'C' word... it's everywhere, anymore! Your kids are growing up! Love the pics of your boys jumping off the shed onto the tramp!! :)

Sandra said...

Glad to hear it went well. We prayed hard on Tuesday. Thanks for the update.

Heather said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Heather said...

I was thankful to get your comment on my blog that your mom was doing ok. I am sure she has been feeling so many prayers. Your mom is so speciall!! I loved the pictures on Mindy's blog. It looks like you were all having so much fun.

The Davis' said...

Janell, I'm glad that your Mom's cancer was caught early! Mammography is such a lifesaver. My Mom is a 13 yr (and counting) survivor of breast cancer, so I can relate! I'll be praying for a prompt recover for her!!!