Today is the last day of Spring break. We didn't take a big vacation but we've had lots of fun and thankfully the weather has been pretty nice.
We kicked off the week in Champaign last Saturday to watch Bart run his 12th marathon! The boys have never experienced it before and so they thought it was kinda cool and kinda long (is Dad still running??). :) Bart did great. He got a little dehydrated and had some pretty bad leg cramps which he usually doesn't deal with but he always finishes with a great attitude (and always wants to run another one soon!).

The next stop was back home. We went to my parents for Easter and then stayed a few extra days. Nonnie making popcorn. A nightly ritual. With lots of butter says Quinn!

Drawing tractors with Gramps. John Deere of course.

Not far from my parents house is one of the US's biggest Diary Barns. So Bart and my dad took the kids on a tour.

Quinn milking a cow. Not a real one. He'd never get that close. :)

On our way home, we stopped at the Children's Museum. It's been years since we've been there and the kids thought it was great. Carson liked the two story free climber the best.
5 comments:
Looks like a fun week! Too bad we missed being with you on Easter but at least we have next weekend!
A HUGE thanks again for watching the boys today! You're a life saver!!!
What a fun filled week. You make us look so boring, oh wait, we are pretty boring. Please don't tell our kids. I actually did not know that Scott's were in Ethiopia, thanks for the update. Have fun adjusting to the real world again:)
I love all the pictures and I love those in them even more!!! It was great having you here and we can't wait till this wk.end!! :) Anxious to see Zion and Fisher's pics. and hear all about it too!
Kevin and Laura are supposed to get in tomorrow late. aft. or eve. I believe. Steve said they were taking the kids down to meet them! I'm so excited for them!! Can't hardly wait for Jada to be home too! :)
Wow...sounds like a fun-filled week! I just took the boys to Fair Oaks in March when visiting Mom & Dad and it was amazing!! I'm sure your boys loved it?!? I'm enjoying following your adoption journey and Kirk & I are SO excited for you!
God bless,
Lisa
hey nell u need to update. it's been almost a week. i need some updates. can't wait for you to come. Shubs
Post a Comment