Wednesday, February 10, 2010

One of the best days of my life

Exactly one year ago, at this same hour of the day, we got "the call". A simple yet miraculous phone call that changed our lives forever. Sue, my caseworker said, I have a little girl for you. Words that God knew before time would be spoken to me, mother of four boys. I was shaking, my heart was pounding, and I was beyond excited. I got all the information and then ran to the computer to "meet" our new daughter. Wow, she was beautiful! I cried tears of joy and thankfullness.

Here are the first pictures we received. About one month old.
This one stole my heart for sure. A smile! And look at those big round gorgeous eyes. I was so in love. About two months old.


We decided on Jada and her given Ethiopian name, Eyerusalem, would be kept as a middle name.

I didn't want to be anywhere but Africa! My heart was in Ethiopia.

Many, many prayers went to the throne on her behalf. We prayed that God would keep her healthy and that she would be well taken care of and we prayed that she could come home soon! Our family wasn't complete without her.
What a difference a year makes. She is no longer Eyerusalem unknown, but Jada Eyerusalem Rinkenberger. She has a family and a home. She has an inheritance, a daughter with "full rights". She has blessed us and God has shown me more of His love than I knew before.

11 comments:

missy said...

amen! love this post. what a precious little thing. i also love that framed picture of africa. did you make it or buy it?

Mindy said...

Wow, what a day! We love Jada so much and are so thankful she's a part of our family!

Can't wait for our day like yours! :)

Blume Family said...

Rejoicing with your family in this awesome day!!!!

Anonymous said...

Wow, this one made me cry. God's been so good. Can't believe it's been so long- and that girl just keeps getting CUTER and CUTER!!

Anonymous said...

I also am wondering about the frame pic- LOVE that!

Sandra said...

this post gave me tears. How precious!! I can't believe it has been a year already since you got word. Time flies!

Stephanie said...

Such a great anniversary!

Today is our 6-month anniversary for meeting Davis for the first time!

We also just mailed our official applications to start the new adoption today!

It's a great day. :)

kristi.moody.mommy.and more. said...

beautiful! Jada's story grows faith in me for the mysteries, unknowns and waiting we sometimes have to do in life---God always has a plan and it is so fun to see it come to pass in your family!

Anonymous said...

Glad to see you got your computer fixed. I think we all fell in love with Jada with the very first glimpse. I cant imagine our lives without her. We love you Jada Bug!! Can't wait for another little girl, to come and bless our family like she has. Love ya all. lyn

Jill said...

Precious post! Happy anniversary!

Anonymous said...

this makes me almost cry...we are so thankful that you opened your hearts to God's calling and now we have our darling little Jada here...our hearts are so full of love for her...just like the rest of our grands...the more we love the more love God gives us to share...we will never run out of love for any of them! Praise Him! Thanks for bringing our precious Jada into our lives!