
God said the second greatest commandment was to "love your neighbor as yourself". We really do love our neighbors, we just don't want them watching us when we're out. :) Well, as we have learned so many times in the past...be careful what you say and do because your kids are like sponges. They are taking everything in. So, on Bart's day off this past week we went to Lowe's and bought a bunch of bushes and trees to put around our pool in the backyard for added privacy. Not too far into this process our neighbors come outside to say hi. (Do you know where this is going?) The wife walks up to Quinn and says "Quinn, if you put those bushes there I won't be able to see you swimming anymore". Quinn very emphatically says..."yeah, my dad says he doesn't want the neighbors to watch us swimming so we have to plant these bushes!".
4 comments:
Lol! I forgot to tell Michael that story after I got back from your house Friday...I just read it to him and we had a good laugh! Quinn is just too funny!
You know what's scary? I just looked at this the other night and wrote a nice long congratulations post- and I kinda think I forgot to post it. Oops. The sun may be getting to me. So I LOVE this story...so funny (and a little scary of what little ears pick up on). And yes, we've been working on paperwork. Haven't made it to the essays yet- but we'll get there. It is pretty gruling to say the least. Exciting, but gruling.
Hi Janell . . ..
I'm Amber Prevo, one of mindy's friends and saw your blog and just had to say that the story is GREAT (although I cringed for you : ) ). I can sympathize as well - we're trying to figure out if we can get our backyard a little more private this summer too.
Excited to hear about your adoption and will be prayerful all goes smoothly and quickly for you!
Love that and that all your boys are out there even Cole:) HELPING!! Mine would be throwing the dug up dirt and digging new holes, you know "trying" to help:):)
Post a Comment