Thursday, March 26, 2009

They're coming home!!

Scott and Heidi passed court yesterday for their little girl, Zion!!! She is officially a Rink and will be able to come home with Fisher, her brother!! Amazing. Zion and Fisher are both about one year old. Starting this journey, Scott and Heidi never thought this would be the way things worked out. But, God has worked it all for good. They are going to make one trip (next month) to bring home their babies.


This has been a good reminder for me. I know God is working. I know God's ways are higher than mine. I know that now I see through a glass darkly, etc. etc. BUT....it's hard to wait. Several weeks ago I said our paperwork for Jada had left the orphanage and we were waiting on a court date. Well, our case manager was misinformed. Our paperwork never did leave the orphanage. In fact, it still hasn't been released from the government official that's suppose to be filling it out. We've been waiting almost 6 weeks on this piece of paper. One piece of paper. 6 weeks. Ugh!!! Once he releases the paperwork, the orphanage will take it to Addis and then we can get a court date. However, as we wait, court is slowing filling up. They already have cases through the end of May. Court closes sometime in July (for 2 months) for rainy season. When we got our referral, I was really thinking we'd get through court before the closure. Now, I don't know. So, this is where the rubber meets the road so to speak. In the midst of trial, frustration, disappointment, fear, will I still trust God? Will I lean on His promises and know that He's good, that He has a plan? Yes, because He gives me the grace to do so.

10 comments:

Holli said...

WOW so exciting for them to be doubly blessed and with BEAUTIFUL kids!!! Praying for them!
SOON and VERY soon your little Jada will be home and it will happen in His PERFECT timing! Nothing happens the way we plan but then it wouldn't be God and there would be no glory in it..... This is what I am learning!
PRAYING FOR YOU and your little GIRLY!!!
Are your sis and bro law going to be able to meet little Jada?

Erin said...

Ditto to Holli - she said it all perfectly. Know I'm praying Jada home right along with my little man. (I thought you might find this kind of cool/ironic, or just weird, ha ha...the word verification code I'm being asked to type in is "blesstr" - if you say it out loud, it sounds like "blessed her." I think this is for you tonight. God has indeed blessed you with your sweet girl and will bring your journey to completion in His perfect time!)

smw said...

that has to be so hard-i'm sure hoping that it will happen before court closes, yet knowing it's possible it won't with how long things take. i'll pray for your peace as you wait.
~shar

Mindy said...

Congrats to Scott & Heidi! I'm so happy for them!

Praying for sweet Jada too. I can't imagine how hard it is for you to be waiting. Love you all!

Tasha said...

how exciting to see the hand of God in this, and how they must have wondered as well, how will it turn out. God's ways are always bigger and better than we can imagine. and yet it is just so hard to rest in this, and "be still". We are so excited for you and thrilled we will have a little playmate for our girl. Praying very soon your baby girl will be in your arms.

Jill said...

We are so excited for Scott and Heidi that those babies will be home soon, but I know that seeing others get to the end of their journey is hard too. We will be praying for all of you and that your baby girl will be in your arms soon. God is SO faithful and one day you will be looking back and the whole journey will seem as though it happened in the blink of an eye. Until then, we pray and trust that He knows the big picture - Jill and Tadd

Anonymous said...

Amazing! That is GREAT news!
We keep praying for sweet Jada- God has a special plan, it's just so hard to go through.

Heidi Klopfenstein said...

Wow!! Thanks for sharing their awesome news. I am so thrilled for them and thrilled for you. I am looking forward to hearing your awesome news!!

Anonymous said...

Good words of faith Janelle. You inspire us. We are praying hard for you guys. So glad to be able to go through this with you.

christine said...

You wrote it perfectly, Janell. "YES! because He gives me the grace to do so..." It is only thru HIS strength/grace that we can walk thru the difficulties/disappointments of life. Praying!